- In 1532 a Spanish soldier named Francisco Pizarro lead his men into the Andes mountains to find and conquer the Incan Empire. He heard of all their gold and riches and wanted that for himself.
- Pizarro tricked the Incan king named Atahualpa, captured him, and killed him in front of his people.
Reasons for defeat
Pizarro and the Spanish were able to easily defeat the Inca for the following reasons:
- Horses allowed the Spanish to move quickly
- The Spanish had weapons the Inca had never seen, like swords and cannons.
- The Spanish brought unfamiliar disease
Images from Wikipedia